This Shall Pass!



    “After all this time?”
   “Always!”
    This time I am here to talk about suicide and help.    Well, maybe I’m not the right person to encourage people not to kill themselves considering some of my thoughts, but here I go.
    I’ve heard a story a week ago and I think that you all should listen to it. I don’t remember the story completely, but I can tell all that matters about it.

    There was a man and he received two small pieces of paper. The man who gave them to him just said one thing:
    -Open this one when you think that you are living the happiest moment of your life. And this one you open when you feel like you are living the saddest moment of your life.
    The time has passed. The man, who received the papers, got married and his wife got pregnant.
    When his son was born he thought that he could never be as happy as he was that time, so he opened the paper.
    “This shall pass!”
    That’s what he saw written on the paper.
    He got a little sad reading the line.
    The time passed. His son grew up and joined the Army. Some time ago the man received the new that his son was dead.
    He cried a lot and he thought that he could never feel as sad as he was feeling. Then he opened the other piece of paper.
    “This shall pass!”
    That’s what he read.

    Did you get the message? No matter how sad things look, it will pass.
    Why am I saying this? Because this month two teenagers killed themselves because they were suffering bullying at school and their parents didn’t support them. The girl was lesbian and the boy was gay.
    I got really shocked when I heard it. When you decide to take off your life is because you can’t see hope. And it is sad. I have suicide thoughts, but I know that it is just a moment thing, I would never kill myself.
It might be a strange thing considering the people around me, but I’ve never been bullied for being gay. People look at me, they see that I am gay, but they don’t say a thing (I’m in the closet, maybe that’s why they keep quiet).
    Well, my second point here was to tell to all of you who thinks that you are lonely and that your sadness will remain forever that there are people around the world to help you.
    If you need to talk you can e-mail me at insideofbruno@hotmail.com
    Or you can get help at the It Gets Better Project. If your bad just look at their website.
    There are people to support you. I know that when you are a teenager everything seems to be the end of the world. A tiny problem can be as bad as a World War… I’ve been there… But you have to believe me when I say “this shall pass!”
    I don’t know if I have written here about me, probably not, but I am not the happiest person in the world. Everything makes me sad, but I have hope that things can be better. One thing that really helped me (for people on the closet) was to have a friend to talk openly about everything. The weight you carry when you can’t tell anyone that you are gay decrease.
    Please, don’t take off your life. You don’t deserve to die because some people can’t comprehend what is going on with you. If there are people to talk shit to you, there are people to hold your hand and help you through your nightmare. Believe me.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Gay solitário

Chris Riggi